Section 1: FIND
- Understanding Medical Information, A User's Guide to Informatics and Decision Making, Teresa J. Jordan, McGraw-Hill, Medical Publishing Division, c. 2002
Section 2: EVALUATE
- By Lawrence K. Altman, MD, June 11, 2002, Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company
- Hancock R, Arthur A, Jagger C, and Matthews R. The Effect of Older People's Economic Resources on Care Home Entry Under the United Kingdom's Long-Term Care Financing System, Journal of Gerontology, Social Sciences, 2002, Vol. 57B, No. 5, S285-S293.
- From http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-savvy.html
- By the US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Dietary Supplements, January 2002.
- Studies Show: A Popular Guide to Understanding Scientific Studies, John H. Fennick, Prometheus Books, c. 1997, p 12.
- See the MedEm Web site, "Healthcare Information Brought to You by the Nation's Leading Medical Societies," URL, http://www.medem.com/...
Section 3: ACT
- These recommendations are based on information in Chapter 12, Making Informed Medical Decisions, Where to Look and How to Use What You Find, Oster N, Thomas L, and Joseff D. MD, O'Reilly & Associates, "Patient-Centered Guides," c. 2000, http://www.patientcenters.com.
- Many of these ideas are from Making Informed Medical Decisions, Where to Look and How to Use What You Find. Oster N, Thomas L, and Joseff D. MD, O'Reilly & Associates, "Patient-Centered Guides," c. 2000, http://www.patientcenters.com.